Features and Benefits
- Low cost replacement seals made from expensive exotic materials.
- The Exact-A-Chem seal is designed for use in corrosive fluids which readily attack the metal parts of conventional seals. With the Exact-A-Chem no metal parts are in contact with the fluid being pumped.
- Easy installation - Exact-A-Chem comes pre-assembled: simply slide on until faces mate, tighten set screws and remove clips.
- Faces can be cleaned and reset right on shaft, as seal is external to the stuffing box.
- The Exact-A-Chem is internally balanced eliminating the requirements for expensive sleeve or shaft steps.
- A visual check on wear/misalignment can be made, helping to eliminate unscheduled maintenance shutdowns.
- Located closer to support bearing - less whip.
- The Exact-A-Chem can be installed on pumps where the stuffing box is too shallow to accept a conventional internal seal.
Technical Data and Dimensions
|Shaft Size||seal outboard distance
SIZES: Metric and sixteenth seals available against specific orders. Larger shaft diameters available against speficic orders.
|1||Chemical Grade Carbon||Ceramic|
|AFLAS & KALREZ|
Recommended Seal Environmental Controls
All Robco seals are manufactured to exact standards, and are guaranteed free of defects in materials and workmanship. All seals are guaranteed for 90 days from delivery, excepting negligence, misuse and abuse, and will deliver at our expense a new seal to replace any seal found to be defective within said period. No registration card is required.
The warranty is expressly in lieu al all warranties, expressed or implied, and of all obligation or liabilities on our part, including any liability for incidental or consequential damages.
The temperature limits, pH ranges, pressure ratings, feet per box and shaft speeds shown throughout this pamphlet are representative; the service life and performance of these products can be affected by elevated temperatures and other operating conditions such as chemical resistance, shaft speeds, pressure and equipment in which that the product is being installed. The ratings supplied are suggested as a guideline and should only be used for evaluating your specific application. When in doubt, contact Robco or your ENVIROPAK distributor. The information contained in the pamphlet should not be considered to be a warranty, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, a warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Robco be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use the products. This exclusion applies regardless of whether such damages are sought based on breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict liability in tort, or any other legal theory.
All Robco mechanical seals are manufactured, assembled and tested in America.