Here are the steps a Compressor Seal goes through when sent to Robco of America’s repair facility:
- Take digital pics. of all the seal parts.
- Inspect seal for any abnormal wear or damage.
- When we supply the repair quote we attach the digital pictures showing & explaining the scope of work required to fix the seal. You get to see what you are paying for.
- We will bring to the customers attention any abnormal damage so they can check the compressor set up for any anomalies. We can also make recommendations for increasing seal run cycles through the upgrade of materials.
We CAN repair all makes and types of Compressor Seals.
CALL US FIRST TO REDUCE YOUR PRODUCTION DOWNTIME
Compressor Seal Repair
This Mycom 160 double seal set was sent in from a plant in San Antonio, Texas. The rotary double seal assembly had been slipping on the rotary shaft because the setscrews backed off. The I.D. bore of the rotary seal housing was scored up and the o’rings were burnt up. The two stationary Carbon seats were chipped out and needed replacing. We machined two new stationary Carbon seats in house and relapped the two rotary Tungsten Carbide seal faces. Rotary seal housing was re-machined and polished in I.D. o’ring grooves to remove wear. New springs installed with new Viton o'rings. Seal was repaired under emergency basis 24 hr. turnaround.
Frick 233 seal assy. sent in from a plant in Mexico. This seal has the normal wear seen on Frick seals. A chipped out & worn stationary Carbon seal face. A new Carbon seal face was machined in house. The rotary steel seat was re-machined, polished and relapped flat within 2 Helium light bands.
Howden 255 MK IV seal set sent in from Illinois. This seal had extensive wear on both the rotary Carbon seal face and stationary steel seat. We machined a new Carbon seal face in house and re-machined the steel seat. Both faces relapped flat within 2 Helium light bands. Repair carried out within 24 hrs.
(2) sets 90MM GEA-FES seals repaired for refrigeration plant in Louisiana New Carbon seal faces made & Silicon Carbide seats relapped.
(2) sets 80MM refrigeration compressor seals repaired. New Carbon seats made & rotary seal faces relapped flat.
100MM double refrigeration compressor seal set repaired for Dallas refrigeration plant. Silicon vs Tungsten. Seat has etched hydropads to decrease seal load.
Frick 355 & 100MM FES-GEA seal sets sent in for repair from Industrial Refrigeration plant in Alaska. New Carbon seal face machined and rotary seat re-lapped flat, o’ring sealing surfaces polished. Seals were repaired in 2 days under emergency basis.
100mm GEA / FES screw compressor seal repair
60mm MYCOM compressor double seal repair
Compressor seal repairs – ALL MAKES / MODELS