MECHANICAL SEAL REPAIR SERVICES
- Robco of America is focused on offering highly reactive & cost effective mechanical seal repair services
- We can repair all makes & models
- Reverse engineer your worn out seals
- OUR REPAIR QUOTES INCLUDE DIGITAL PICS. SHOWING SCOPE OF REPAIR WORK REQUIRED. YOU GET TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR.
- If we identify abnormal seal wear or failure we will bring it to the customers attention so they are aware of possible process anomalies.
When a mechanical seal is sent into our repair facility it is inspected and a failure report is filled out. We can then make recommendations for upgrading material choices which will increase the customers MTBF (mean time between failure).
We CAN repair all makes and types of Mechanical Seals.
Cartridge Seal Repair
Two 72mm Burgmann cartridge seals sent in to Robco of America’s Texas repair facility for failure analysis and overhaul under emergency basis. These seals came in from a chemical plant in Pasadena Texas. End user stated the seals operated for 6 months before failure. Upon inspection it was found that the Silicon Carbide rotary seats cracked close to the drive pin slots. Robco re-designed the drive pin slots to allow for an increased radial wall thickness around the slots to reduce the risk of future failure. New Silicon Carbide seats were produced in 4 working days.
In between time Robco machined new Carbon stationary seal faces that had a 20% wider lapped face. Reason for this modification was due to carrying out a stress analysis on the seal faces under operating conditions which found the Carbon faces were generating too much face load against the rotary Silicon carbide seal seats. The o’ring sealing surfaces in all the metal parts were polished to 32 RMS finish or better. Seals re-assembled and pressure tested to 60 PSIG for 20 minutes? no pressure drop.
Assembly Seal Repair
28mm double seal assembly + 2 shaft bearings sent into Robco repair facility for failure analysis & overhaul.
John Crane seals sent in for repair from oil refinery
Double Beadmill Seal Repair
Below are pictures of an 80mm Double Beadmill seal sent to Robco for Failure Analysis & repair. Upon inspection we found that the product side springs were not supplying sufficient seal loading force compared to the process pressure in customers mixing tank. This allowed the product to leak passed the inner end seal faces which in turn put excessive loading on the rotary Tungsten face causing it to crack.
Robco installed stiffer springs to get an acceptable seal face load that could handle the process pressure. We replaced broken Tungsten seat & re-machined & polished all metal parts on o’ring sealing surfaces. Seal was re-assembled & pressure tested to 100 psi. Seal is back in service & has been on-line for 18 months with no leaks.
Coors Seal Repair
- Two 38mm Burgmann double beadmill seals sent in for overhaul from Chemical company in Colorado.
- Tungsten vs Silicon (product end).
- Carbon vs Chrome (outboard end).
- The product end seal faces where chipped & washed out.
- New Tungsten & Silicon faces installed.
- New Teflon scraper ring machined.
- New Carbon seal face machined.
- Seal was repaired in 5 working days under emergency basis.
- Pressure tested to 60 psig and returned to end user.
Contact Robco of America right now if you need emergency mechanical seal repair. We provide quick response service.